Fospha helped a Facebook-first Direct-to-Consumer brand bring down the cost of acquiring their customers by 12% while growing revenue.Read more → MTA
54% revenue growth in 6 months
Fospha Case Study
The client is a global Direct to Consumer success story, posting market-leading growth on its path to £74m annual revenue in since its foundation in 2014.
They have been hugely successful through their primary acquisition channel, Facebook , going as far as to become Facebook’s highest spending customer in the UK in 2019.
To maintain their massive rate of customer acquisition, they have diversified into more channels, including TikTok, Pinterest, Reddit, Snap, AdWords and various affiliate and referral programs.
With each new channel it became harder and harder to work out what was driving performance, as each ad platform usually takes full credit for every sale it has played a role in – regardless of the involvement (and claims) of other channels. This means that each platform significantly overreported ROAS and under-reported CACs.
Hypotheses that new channels were driving strong incremental results were difficult to prove to the board, and the low-quality reporting available in channel tools meant budget allocation decisions were often made based on gut feel. This made it challenging to secure investment to grow top of funnel leads, and impossible to test whether existing channels and campaigns were over-saturated.
“Getting ROAS and CAC at a channel level was basically impossible for us… we were having to make decisions based on gut feel.”
– Head of Growth
What we did
Fospha ingested their customer journey and ad platform data into our product and through Fospha Attribution, our proprietary attribution model, gave fair and transparent weighting to all marketing activities.
Through the Fospha UI, the client’s Growth team were able to access a joined up view of all their marketing performance in one place, with fair value given to the role of each impression and click contributing to a conversion.
Problems solved through key dashboards:
- For the first time ever, this brand can see the relative cost of acquiring a customer through each channel, campaign, ad set, and ad.
- They are able to see the impact of specific marketing activities on driving sales of individual products and categories, and so measure the relative profitability of products.
- As well as seeing accurate CACs, they are also able to see their headroom for growth in each channel and so clearly understand where to double down for accelerated growth.
“Being able to make fast, accurate decisions about where to spend next to drive growth is something we’ve wanted from Day 1, but we haven’t had the tools. Fospha gives us that.”
– eCommerce Director
- Fospha is the central tool in their marketing stack, used daily for planning and measurement.
- Across the first 6 months of the partnership, they have increased marketing spend by 17%, including big increases in Reddit and Snapchat.
- Across the first 6 months of the partnership, their new customer revenue has grown by 54% using Fospha as their primary tool for guiding marketing spend decisions, while blended CAC has remained level.
See how Fospha could help you in just 30 days
Other success stories
With time to value essential, Fospha onboarded SPOKE's online and offline channels in less than a month to deliver data-driven marketing insights.Read more → MTA
Fospha data gave Roman Originals the data they needed to save 25% of their affiliate marketing spend with no impact on revenue.Read more → MTA
Fospha's Marketing Mix Modelling recommendations identified growth opportunities worth up to +76% in leadsRead more → MMM
No1 were able to reduce YoY affiliate marketing spend by 27% by cutting back investment into voucher code sites.Read more → MTA
Liberis drove an £88,000 increase in annual revenue by eliminating zero performance keywords and reallocating budget to the best performing.Read more → MTA